The Financial Managers Society (FMS) is a national organization dedicated to providing educational and networking opportunities to Presidents, Chief Financial Officers, Controllers and other finance and accounting professionals of financial institutions. The society has affiliate members from investment, ALCO, compliance, consulting and accounting firms, which also reap the same educational and networking benefits. The Philadelphia Chapter of the Financial Managers Society was founded in 1951.
The Philadelphia Chapter will award at least one and up to four scholarships for a minimum of $1,500 (non-renewable) to an individual who meets all of the following criteria.
- Award recipient must be sponsored by an active Philadelphia Chapter Member.
- Local membership dues must be paid by November 2019 to qualify as an active member.
- High school senior planning on attending a two-year or four-year undergraduate degree at an accredited institution. Priority preference will be given to students that concentrate in finance, business or accounting studies, however, any major will be given consideration.
- A minimum GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale or equivalent.
- Submission of SAT or ACT score for consideration.
- Awarded scholarship check will be payable in the name of institution upon receipt of commitment letter copy. Please limit submissions to one submission per member per year.
- Applications will be available on the website at www.fmsphila.com
Please send the completed application form to:
Shannon Croll, Vice President
c/o Franklin Bank
P.O. Box 230
Woodstown, NJ 08098
Questions regarding this application should be addressed to Shannon Croll, Board Member at 856-769-4400 ext. 1115
Application deadline: January 31, 2020
Award decision by Committee: April 10, 2020
Award announcement to Chapter members:
Installation Dinner of Officers May 1, 2020